Sunday, January 24, 2016

Yet another unplanned dismount!

My ride... 30" of snow, 1.93 miles,  48 minutes, Snow drifts coming in through the stirrups :). I overestimated what my little Poptart could do when I asked him to plow through a snow bank back to the road.  He fell forward all the way down onto his side, I slid down his neck and off his head onto our snowy road.  He then promptly galloped the 1/4 mile back to the barn... Another unplanned dismount and no injuries! We are improving :)  After reuniting we proceeded to ride to our friend's house (which was the original goal..) and snow tubed for a few hours. Poptart chilled eating hay in the run-in with her horses. When I got him out for the ride home he had about 1"  of his upper lip hanging off.  I think the horses had too much fun playing "lip-bitey" with each other.   Luckily he was a good boy and with some sedation we got it cleaned up and skin-stapled back together.  May it heal fast without infection :)

No comments:

Post a Comment